July 3, 2019
Mobile app development cost – how to estimate a mobile app development project
Table of Contents
So, you have an idea for a mobile app? You’re probably wondering about what kind of budget you need to realize your idea. Estimating mobile app development cost can be tricky, but with some preparation and research, you’ll be on your way to creating a realistic estimate for your project.
Here’s everything you need to know about estimating mobile app development.
1. Process of developing mobile apps
Before setting out to create an estimate for your project, you need to get a firm grasp of what developing a mobile app actually entails. An application development life cycle includes several distinct work phases where developers to plan, design, build, test, and deliver the app.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of the process:
- Step 1: Business analysis and planning – the first step to successful development is careful planning and market research. The team carries out a SWOT analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the solution to develop the right approach.
- Step 2: Functional requirements – this is a document that helps in defining the app’s technical specifications and agreeing on all the app’s features.
- Step 3: Design and prototyping – in the next phase, the team designs the app’s interfaces and develops a prototype, a working model of the app that tests the viability of the client’s idea.
- Step 4: Development – this is where the development team sits down to develop the frontend and backend of the app to equip it with the required functionality.
- Step 5: Testing and QA – the team tests the app manual