Mobile electric power - a solution that meets our changing needs
A growing global population, sprawling cities, scarce resources: current developments require a clear rethink, especially in terms of mobility. Tomorrow’s transport solutions need to become emission-free and liberated from fossil fuels. Here, electric vehicles powered by renewables could play a decisive role.
Yet the establishment of such charging infrastructures confronts cities and communities, as well as energy suppliers, property managers and fleet operators, with huge challenges.
Existing systems are not designed for the comprehensive coverage of everyday charging solutions, powered by zero-carbon green electricity. Or, they are simply too expensive.
Electric vehicles and renewable energy are inextricably linked. Now, ubitricity ensures that smart charging with green electricity becomes truly affordable on a comprehensive scale, thus ensuring that fossil fuel use on the roads will soon be history.
So, what is required? A fully developed, economic charging infrastructure that also comes with the following features:
- A wealth of charging spots wherever users park their cars for extended periods of time. This allows even those with smaller-capacity batteries to complete most of their trips with renewables. At the same time, during their average idle time of 22 hours/day, vehicles can become intelligent extensions of the network. This is a key aspect for smart grid functionality and the further proliferation of renewable energy.
- Access to clean electricity, anywhere – supplied by a driver’s provider of choice or generated by their own installation. Few would doubt that the future is all about clean, green energy. For maximum sustainability, however, electric vehicles need to be able to source such green power wherever they go, without exception. And users should be free to pick their preferred supplier. Ideally, they might even charge electricity generated by their own set-up – even when they are far from home.
The perfect example: employees who charge their car at work with power generated from solar panels at home.
Ubitricity at a glance
Over the past few years, ubitricity has developed an integration of smart mobile metering inside cars themselves. Alongside this, charging cables and charge spots are developed into special, and economic, sockets suitable for almost universal installation, e. g. on walls or inside public lamp posts.
At the same time, modern IT and telecommunications, as well as the virtualisation of networks, ensures that users can take their own electricity beyond the confines of distribution networks or control areas right to the charging spot, e. g. they can charge power generated by the solar panels installed on their roof.
“With our innovations, we want to make a major contribution to the energy revolution.“
Your advantages with the Connectivity Manager
- Transparent display of all transaction data with live updates
- Itemised charges, down to the precise kilowatt per hour
- All monthly bills available online for review or pdf download
- Flexible access management for sensitive handling of user and charge-related data
- Monitor and review all charging activities and locations with the transparent Connectivity Manager
Simple, secure, at a glance: Whether it’s contracts, charging volumes or the nearest SimpleSocket – all relevant customer data is just a few clicks away with our web portal. Check, download or export all bills into your own accounting services and rest assured that secure storage and individually adjustable privacy settings guarantee the necessary data protection.
In Germany, ubitricity already cooperates with strong roaming providers like Hubject and Ladenetz to facilitate the metering and billing of electricity charged at third-party installations.
The requisite Hubject and/or Ladenetz infrastructure is easily accessed via the respective partner’s RFID card. So, even when stopping “out-system”, external charging activities are clearly marked and charged directly to your mobile electricity bill.
In record time, the team at Concise helped ubitricity deliver and publish a mobile application for both iOS and Android.
Let's work together.
Are you ready to build the future together?